Friday 8 August 2014

Lord White of Baghdad

Today another batch of bods to be awarded peerages was announced. I resist any comment about the worthiness of those to be ennobled, though I note the donations given by some to their respective political parties. What I would like to suggest is a rather simple idea; make Canon Andrew White, the Vicar of Baghdad, a Lord as a statement of our support for and solidarity with his extraordinary ministry in Iraq. Others have recounted the work Andrew is doing at great risk to his own personal safety. All I would add is that Andrew is there seeking to address a mess that we helped create and the least our country can do is recognise his work and our responsibility.

If you would like to support the work of Canon White donations to the organisation supporting his ministry can be made here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: